We strongly advise you to insure your goods as several agents may be handling your shipment between departure and arrival.
You are at liberty to use an insurer of your choice. We have have however over the years partnered with GVC Brokers to provide your transit insurance requirements.
GVC Brokers have designed an Insurance program to provide you with the best “all Risk” insurance available as a superior comprehensive cover, that will provide full reimbursement or restoration of any insured item that may be damaged or lost.
In the unlikely event of a claim, the appointed settling agent in your destination country will arrange an assessment and direct settlement in the domestic currency.
We recommend that you adequately value your possession and to insure them for full replacement value to ensure you are fully covered and not under-insured. Chat to a GVC consultants on how to eliminate underwriters from applying the average clause in the event where you have been under-insured.
Useful Insurance Guidelines
- Only China, glassware and breakables professionally packed by Advance Worldwide Removals can be insured against breakages so leave it to the specialists.
- Jewellery, watches, currency and pot plants may only be covered by specific request and by arrangement with the underwriters.
- Your high value items such as antiques and Persian rugs should be valued by an expert and declared specifically on the insurance application.
- Should you require your belongings to be stored in the destination country an extension of the all risks cover can be arranged at a relative additional premium.
- Your possessions are covered from the time we start packing the first item to your new home when we unpack the final item.
- We strongly recommend you declare a realistic replacement value in the currency of your destination country or in US dollars when doing a valuation on your possessions.
- Remember the total cost of your removal can also be insured.
- The insurance premium charged for our comprehensive cover is of such a good value that it makes it completely unnecessary for you to risk under-insuring your valuables.